Sunday, 27 February 2011

Spring Is In The Air

The Decorating Bug Is Back


Just like the seasonal flu virus that comes around every winter to shock us all and make us worry about the pro's and con's of vaccinations, so does the seasonal decoratingitis break out the moment a glimpse of sunshine, the appearance of spring bulbs poking through the soil and the sound of twittering birds getting earlier every morning.

I woke up this morning and after a few cups of tea and a round or two of toast I descended the stairs only to find the kitchen in disarray and not the usual disarray of our chaotic household kitchen. All the conservatory curtains, rails and brackets were down. Step ladders in the middle of the kitchen and up above the ceiling was like a war zone.

Debra had come down with the dreaded Decoratingitis Virus and was swiftly at fever pitch. There was no running away from it, it had struck with a force of such magnitude that no part of the house was safe. I was dispatched to the local DIY store for essential supplies, hoping that it would be a swift infection. One that could be isolated with quick decisive action, alas I fear that I am fighting a losing battle and soon I too will be overcome with this vile outbreak and forced to get out the drill, saw and heaven forbid, the paint brush.

Surely there must be a vaccination against this dastardly infection. The misery caused to the male population when other half succumbs is palpable. We need research and government funds to combat this seasonal outbreak before it's too late!

Updated to say that it is too late for me, the drill has come out from the garage, I am lost to this for another year!

SAVE YOURSELVES!!



Sent from my iPhone4

No comments:

Post a Comment