Sunday, 27 February 2011

Taxi Service

TAXI


Friday night was a blast..... NOT!

Debra went out to Manchester with her friend from work, I was stuck in the house with no prospect of a Friday night drink or two due to my offer to pick them up at whatever time they had had enough.

Time seemed to tick by so slowly that evening, even the extremely funny Lee Evans at the O2 didn't seem to make the time progress any faster. Anyway the time eventually came when my phone rang and Debra's voice chirped up "ready to be picked up, just come out of the pub, come and get us"... "it might be an idea to give me a clue as to which pub you have just come out of" I replied... (giggle, giggle) "oh yes!". This went on for a few more mind numbing seconds before I told her where to wait for me. Into the car and full blast down the road to Manchester. It was an abysmal night of rain lashing the streets and I just wanted my bed. As I reached Manchester and started working my way through the backstreets it seemed eerily quiet and deserted except for a few drunken, sodden soles walking down the middle of the streets, shouting into their phones seemingly pleading with their local taxi firm to come to the rescue. The highlight of my evening was creeping up along the road as close as possible and giving them a blast of the horn to shift them out of my way, I wish I had set my video recorder up now, their reactions were priceless and might have netted me a bob or two from You've Been Framed too! Thankfully Debra and her friend were waiting where I had directed them to and they were surprisingly coherent, I was quite shocked to be honest. I had spent all evening awaiting the call and they didn't even have the decency to get pissed so that I could have had further fun. What is the world coming to!

After taking a ten mile detour to drop her friend off we finally arrived home in the early hours of Saturday morning and I flopped in bed, totally ignoring the noise coming from the other side of the bed, no not Debra snoring just her telling me all about the evening, which she had already done half an hour earlier in the car. Maybe she was more drunk than I originally thought!

6:30 am, Olivia and her friend start making noise, "shhhhhhhhhh be quiet, Oscar is asleep" she shouted (not so) quietly as she passed by him. He heard her but didn't rise to the goading and just shoved his head under his pillow until they had taken the hint and left him alone.

Bleary eyed I got up and pulled my self together. They were making preparations for their day trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and I was the designated taxi service for them and a couple of others.

Back down to Manchester, back along the familiar streets home and back up the stairs to bed!

My god it's knackering being a Taxi Driver!!



Sent from my iPhone4

No comments:

Post a Comment